What is Athlete's Foot ?
- Also known as tinea pedis, athlete’s foot is a skin disease caused by various types of fungus
- Fungal colonies grow due warm, dark, and humid environment, which may be provided by wearing shoes and socks
- Symptoms include drying skin, reddening skin, itchiness to feet, scaling, and blisters noted on and between toes
- Left unmanaged, can spread to the toenails, and other parts of the body
- Treatment may include education on prevention and use of prescription topical or oral antifungal drugs
What are the benefits of going to see a foot specialist?
There are several benefits to paying a visit to a chiropodist, also known as a foot specialist. Pain relief tends to be the biggest benefit for those suffering from issues such as heel spurs and plantar fasciitis. Chiropodists can also prescribe your custom orthotics that will help manage foot deformities, such as bunions. Custom orthotics can also improve posture and help patients hold their chiropractic adjustments longer. There are other symptoms like nail fungus, ingrown nails and many others. A licensed and knowledgeable chiropodist can help you get relief from several aches and pain. When it comes to your foot health and associated foot care, trust your feet in the hands of a friendly professional.
To summarize some of the benefits:
Relieve Your Pain
Improve foot deformities
and many more....
Unique Family Chiropractic & Wellness Centre welcomes Nathee Selvendran, DCh, Chiropodist & Foot Specialist
He is a member of the College of Chiropodists of Ontario, Ontario Society of Chiropodist and Canadian Federation of Podiatric Medicine. He is energetic, a huge sports enthusiast, and is very much excited to provide patient centred primary foot care. Read more about Nathee...