15 Ways to SUPER CHARGE Your IMMUNE System
With the cold weather approaching, it is very important for us to learn ways to naturally boost our immune system and keep ourselves healthy.
- Optimize Your Vitamin D Level. Vitamin D has been shown to be essential for a healthy and active immune system. Vitamin D allows your body to activate the immune system to any viral response, therefore allowing your body to fight against any virus. Since Vitamin D is naturally found in sardines, salmon, breast milk as well as sunlight, this is the most natural way to keep your body healthy without any side effects.
- Drink Lots of Water. Drinking water allows your body to flush out different toxins and also keeps your mucus membranes moist to fight against viruses.
- Get Adequate Sleep. Our bodies heal best when we rest. Putting your body in a state of exhaustion, stops your body from healing, and can cause illness.
- Get Adequate Exercise. Exercise helps your body boost your immune system, and therefore helps fight against viruses and bacteria that may enter your body.
- Take Actions to Lower Your Stress Levels. Stress tends to lower your immune systems functioning. Therefore by lowering your stress you can increase your body’s ability to keep healthy.
- Wash Your Hands Frequently. Washing your hands or using hand sanitizer is a great way to keep yourself clean and healthy. When purchasing a hand sanitizer, make sure the active ingredient is ethanol or isopropanol, at a percentage over 60.
- Avoid Sugar and Processed Foods. Sugars and processed food can decrease your immune systems function dramatically.
- Eat Phytonutrient Rich Meals (lots of colorful salads and dark greens). Phytonutrients serve as antioxidants and enhance immune system function.
- Eat Lots of Garlic. Garlic works as a broad spectrum antibiotic within the body.
- Take a Probiotic Daily (look for one with 10-20 billion organisms). A strong immune system relies heavily on having a strong foundation in the gut.
- Keep a Supply of Antiviral Herbal Supplements on Hand. Echinacea is one of the best general herbal remedies against viruses. Echinacea destroys viruses & boosts the immune system naturally.
- Eat a Healthy Balanced Diet. It is very important that our body receives nutrients from all the food groups to keep us healthy and strong. Eating on time is also crucial to staying healthy.
- Take 1-2 Grams of Fish Oils Daily. Fish oils are beneficial for immune function and boost the body’s overall immunity.
- Take 2+ Grams of Vitamin C Daily. Vitamin C increases the production of infection-fighting white blood cells and prevents the entry of viruses.
- Get adjusted on a regular basis. Research shows that Chiropractic adjustments boost your immune system 60%-200%!
Use these 15 tips to help boost your immune system and keep your family healthy during this winter season.